Monday, November 16, 2009

Fed up with Hotel Life

Since we arrived here, about a month and a half now, we have been living in a hotel. Yeah, at first it sounds great and it was, but after a month and a half things are getting a bit crowded.

So the other day we went apartment/house browsing. Saw some great properties but of course a bit over the budget. Isn´t that great when realtor's do that to you. ¨I know you said properties within a certain budget but let me just show you this one since it´s on our way.¨ Anyways, at the end of the day we found a great apartment. 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, laundry room, a great open plan living/dining room and kitchen plus all the appliances you need, which is a plus here in Cancun, a big plus. The only thing we probably will have to buy is a bigger TV. Of course I can´t leave out that there is also a great pool and jacuzzi with BBQ area and wifi, a kids play ground with swings, slides, mini mountain climbing wall, basketball court and a huge board of chess. My favorite part has to be the fully equipped gym. Carlos and I were planning to get gym memberships after we found a place but this way worked out way better.

I am now counting the days till we move, which is on the 24th of this month. The 24th of November is also a very special day for Carlos and I because it is also our wedding anniversary. So I guess I´ll be moving a whole lot of crap on my wedding anniversary, let´s just hope I don´t also have to cook dinner! =)

We couldn´t have picked a more perfect time to move in for Thanksgiving. I can finally make a Thanksgiving meal after 5 years. The last time I had a chance to prepare a Thanksgiving meal was in 2004 when we still lived in Las Vegas, so it´s about time. Carlos is not American but he does enjoy celebrating Thanksgiving, or maybe it´s just the food he enjoys.

So the big move to our new apartment is only in 8 days. I can´t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment