Friday, July 24, 2009

Another Day in Asturias

Well, it´s just another day in Asturias. It seems like the more and more I am here the more and more I just want to get out of here. It´s like I feel aggravated all the time and just plan bitchy, just ready to snap at any little thing. I don´t know if it´s this place or the fact that we are living with my in-laws and have no privacy of our own or if it´s just a little bit of the both. I feel like I just can´t wait to get out of here.

Instead of bringing myself down and thinking about the negative things I rather think of all the good things that await me there in Cancun. They might be insignificant things to many of you but when you haven´t had them for a long time there like a rare ruby. So here´s my list of my rare rubies:

1. The Caribbean Sea (duh)

2. White sandy beaches that never seem to burn, even on a hot summer´s day.

3. Mexican lemonade or limonada as they call it in Mexico, there is just no other place that makes lemonade like the Mexicans do.

4. Carne ranchera, oh it makes my mouth water just to type it. Super Carnes will definitely be on my to go list for the first week I am there.

5. 24hr shopping centers like WalMart. Yes, it may sound stupid but here in Spain the ¨afternoon siesta¨ and ¨no one works on Sunday¨ is something they live by here.

6. Year round warm temperature, even though I do love to get all dressed up in winter clothing.

7. Being able to walk on the street without people starring and wondering where the hell I am from.

8. All the great varieties of fruits and vegetables.

9. Not having to pay triple or quadruple the amount of money for tropical fruit and international food and ingredients.

10. Of course all the great attractions like Xel-Ha, Xcaret, Tulum, Actun Chen, the cenotes and all the other marvelous wonders the area has to offer.

11. My favorite day time snack, jalapeño chips and lime popsicles. There is only one brand of jalapeño chips and lime popsicles I like and I will ensure you that my freezer and dispenser will be stocked with them.


Okay I am going to have to stop myself. I am feeling a lot better but at the same time I´m getting myself a bit more down. There´s just so many things I miss. We were so anxious and excited to move to Spain that we didn´t think twice about what we were leaving behind, you know that whole ¨the grass is greener on the other side¨ thing. Well now we know it just ain´t so green here and we can´t wait to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment