Saturday, July 18, 2009

Step One

So, it is now official. Plans for us to head back to Cancun is now in full working force. My hubby will be making the venture first and hopefully if all goes as planned my daughter and I will be joining him shortly after.

This may sound like an exciting experience - going back to live in Cancun with it´s beautiful beaches, great weather, crystal clear waters etc., etc., but it´s not. When we use to live in Mexico moving back and forth between Cancun and Acapulco things were easier and diffrent. Okay, not quite that diffrent there is just one thing that has changed, my daughter is now almost six and is in school. All you parents know what I´m talking about now, there is just no picking up and leaving. Now I have to do some searching for new schools, apartments that are not a great distance away, admissions and what papers will be needed, etc. Yes, doesn´t sound like fun and games anymore. I will be going onto my trusty CancunCare Forums to get some advice from the great local residents of Cancun.

So, let´s see what we have done already....

- Booked hubby´s ticket to Cancun (check)

HOLY MOLY!!! I think that´s the only thing we got done. Now let´s look at the things that need to be done...

- Go to Madrid and renew my daughter´s passport.
- Check out schools online and get advice from other Cancun parents.
- See what legal paper´s I will be needing in order to register my daughter into a school.
- Contact our friend in Cancun who also owns a Real Estate Agency to start finding us some apartment options.
- Find my Mexican Drivier´s License and hope that we will be able to renew it when we arrive in Cancun.

I know there is so much more to be done but I just can´t think of anymore or maybe it´s because I just don´t want to. Okay, breath and just think Carribean Sea, white sandy beaches, the great variety of veggies and fruit, and all the other things I miss there.

No comments:

Post a Comment